Bio1000 Super Replacement Filters
Bio 1000 Super Replacement filters
How to Prepare Your Replacement filters
Remove: Upper filter & main filter cartridge from unit.
- Remove: Upper filter & main filter cartridge from unit.
- From filter kit remove: Sub mineral cartridge, First stage, Second stage, Main filter, Bio Ceramic block (White stone) & Brown Far infra-red disc.
- Soak components in cold water for 10 - 20 minutes.
- Rinse all components under cold running tap water.
- 1st, 2nd & main filters will emit some grey water initially. This is excess carbon powder.
- Shake 1st, 2nd & rinse again, repeat 2 to 3 times until no further excess carbon is emitted)
- Insert (brown filter) upper filter cartridge into place in filter system this must be flushed with hot water & will emit an odor initially. (This is from a natural sea based resin which removes the Fluoride) it is harmless & will disappear with continued use or alternatively repeat flushing cycle until odor is no longer present. This process may take a little time & only needs to be done once with each new upper (Brown) filter.
- Fill pot four times with hot water (55 C - 60 C) that is as warm to the touch of your hand.
- Then Screw main filter into place fill pot another two times with cold tap water and empty.
- When finished cold flushing, rinse pot under cold clean running water, assemble remainder of components & you are ready to start using.
- Pre filters (White pads) are under a plastic circular bracket, located in the housing that holds upper (brown filter) in place.
- To change pre filters see circular plastic grille in centre with small knob protruding upwards. Push to the side with thumb & circular grille will pop out change pads as required when dis-coloured or every 2 – 3 weeks.
Change pre filters every 14 days
Change upper filters every 10 months
Change Second Stage Filter at 60 months
Change main filter at 60 months.
Every 6 -12 months take pot apart and wash in warm soapy water, rinse thoroughly after washing
If your pot has a tap, unscrew this and clean components, take some pipe cleaners and clean inside the tap.
Click here for flushing instructions